07 April 2008

Roscoe and the Fish


Roscoe loves going to my parents' house. He loves being outside there because he has so much more space to run around and enjoy doing what dogs do.
Saturday was a really nice day so I decided to take Roscoe to my parents' house. I dropped him off to stay there while I went to get my hair cut. When I returned from getting my haircut Roscoe smelled like rotten fish. It was so bad I couldn't stand to be in the same room with him! Apparently something happened to where the fish in the pond couldn't get enough oxygen and they all died. While Kevin was out cleaning the dead fish out of the pond, Roscoe decided it would be fun to meander out that way too. Upon arrival to the pond he discovered a pile of fish laying on the ground. He just couldn't resist the urge to roll in that pile of dead fish! YUCK!!
So, needless to say he got a good bath and smelled like pink lilacs the rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

EWWWW! How gross is that? Isn't it funny how dogs will find the smelliest thing possible and roll in it?? Ok, so maybe it's not really funny. But I bet he smelled good after his bath!

Jess said...

ok, so that is a great story...expecially since Roscoe did it and not Coach :) I loved seeing what Roscoe looks like :) Is he in a hoodie? Too funny :) Love ya!

jenn said...

now that is an excellent story, and you know he wanted to jump all over you once he smelled so lovely :). i might have to be careful the next time he runs up to me when i visit :). ha! what a cutie! love ya lots..m.e.