12 January 2009

One Year Ago Today....

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. ~Ecclesiastes 4:12 At the beginning of our marriage, Chris and I chose this verse as our "motto." Us together with God cannot easily be broken!!

One year ago today I was blessed with the honor of marrying my best friend! Yes, today is our FIRST anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long already. I think time seems to pass by quicker the older I get. This past year has been an incredible one. It's been a year of change, growth, new experiences and trying to make the most out of all that life has to offer.
God has blessed me with a truly wonderful husband...I can't even find the words to express how much he means to me!!! I give God all of the glory for bringing us together. It was ALL HIM!
Chris is one of the most faithful, caring, compassionate, patriotic, loving people I know. He's such a hard worker both professionally and at home (tackling the remodeling of our basement especially!) and he's a servant. He'll go out of his way to help someone in need! I am so thankful for him and thankful that he chose me! It's so freeing to know that I can totally be myself around him, he knows my flaws and yet he chooses to love me just as I am! :)
Here are some pictures that give you a glimpse into our first year of married life.

We have a REALLY hard time being serious!

Chris enjoying some time with my niece and Roscoe.

This summer when we were in Jason and Kelli's wedding.

Autumn at the apple orchard.

At Christmas with my adorable nephew and niece!

Christmas at Chris' parents' house
I must say that I am beyond BLESSED with wonderful in-laws!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

happy anniversary! i'm glad you and chris has such a great first year together. i pray that you have many more!

Jess said...

What a great post!!! What a blessing both of you are :) It is definitely a God thing and I know you will have many wonderful years ahead :)

Alicia said...

Congrats on your anniversary. They say the first year's the hardest so it should all be down hill from here! HA! :)