Yesterday was one of those days for me. You know, the kind where it feels like everything goes wrong. The kind where it feels like you're all alone in the world, you feel disconnected, left out, lonely and you're just not sure where you belong. The kind where the world spins around you and you stand stationary in the middle.
Toward the end of the day, I was sitting in my office just praying and it was at that time that I had an epiphany. God reminded me that he loves me too much to leave me in that lonely place.
I serve a God who loves me right where I am and just as I am. There's nothing I have to do to prove myself to Him or to gain His acceptance. He already understands and accepts me just as I am. These are things I've known for a long time but, totally needed to be reminded of...again.
God has blessed me FAR BEYOND WHAT I DESERVE! I have a wonderful husband, a supportive family and in-laws I can always count on. I have a roof over my head and food on the table. I have a job and a car to drive. I have a cute little pug to keep me company when I'm lonely at night. I am truly blessed.
“Search for the Lord and for His strength; continually seek Him.”
~1 Chronicles 16:11


3 comments:
first of all, that is awesome that you are trying to memorize that verse! it's a long one but you can do it!! secondly, i'm glad that you had the realization that you are never alone. God loves you more than anyone on earth. i have those times too where i feel lonely and sad. Maybe that is God's way of waking us up and helping us realize He is all we need.
That is a good realization...sometimes it just takes us some time to figure it out. You're not the only one who has those days. But prayer is definitely the best way out of them!
It is funny how often we have to be reminded of God's love...but his patience with us always comes through...and he sends us those reminders all the time. Thank you for listening to God and hearing the message he sent to you! Great job! Great post!
Post a Comment