17 July 2008

Better Late Than Never...


I know the 4th of July was a couple of weeks ago but, I wanted to post a few pictures anyway...
As most of you know, my wonderful husband is very patriotic. In honor of the 4th of July, he requested a flag cake. So, I whipped out my creative side (along with the help of Jello) and made a flag cake. It actually turned out to be pretty delicious. I think I ate like 2 pieces and Chris enjoyed the rest!

Chris had to work on the 4th and while he was working, I was able to enjoy some time with the family out on the boat. Skyler was excited to drive the boat for the first time this summer. Kayla is getting to be old enough to really enjoy the boat. She quickly learned that it's hard to walk without falling over while the boat is moving! The lake was a little choppy and some of us ended up getting pretty wet from water splashing in to the boat...but we enjoyed our first afternoon together this summer at the lake!

No comments: