30 July 2008

Green Beans Goodness...

My Mom and Step-dad have a pretty big garden and Chris and I were recently blessed by it's abundant production of green beans!
One night last week, I went to my Mom's to help her snap and can green beans... I didn't realize how much work it can be to can vegetables! First, you have to pick the green beans out of the garden...which is no short task. Then you have to spend time snapping them, washing them, putting them in jars, cooking them in the pressure cooker and finally waiting for them to cool down so you can put them away. While it is a lot of work, the rewards out weigh the hard work. We can now enjoy fresh green beans all winter long!! :)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Their garden rocks and they are so sweet to share the yummy veggies! We had some of the corn this weekend...yum!!!

Alicia said...

Fresh veggies and fruit in the winter are awesome. It's a little taste of summer when it's 10 degrees (or colder) out!!

Jessica said...

hey sarah! my mom and i also did this. i feel your pain! :)